Monday, March 3, 2014

REST in the LORD, and WAIT patiently for Him...

IMG_1952

" Be anxious for NOTHING, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will GUARD your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6,7

Today is a hard day for me. And yet it has been good for me. How can the two go together... ?

I've been anxious, fretful, and fearful. My husband needed to make a long drive for work... under very cold temperatures, lots of snow and ice. I wished he didn't have to drive these days.  I let him go this early morning... fearful, fretful and quite anxious. I'm always nervous that he'll have an accident. One might think it's silly of me to think that way. But 16 years ago my husband and I went through a terrible accident on our honeymoon... black ice was involved, and my husband was critically injured.

That memory of seeing an 18 wheeler slam into us will never go away for me.  And the long recuperation  that followed will always be a part of me. Yet besides those memories, I will never forget  GOD'S FAITHFULNESS and seeing His hand of healing and deliverance. That I will treasure most... for HE alone healed us and placed us on a solid foundation from the beginning of our marriage. I will always be THANKFUL to my heavenly Father who always watches over HIS own.

Today is a day when God is testing my faith in Him... and mercifully continues to show me HIS love. After reading through the scriptures  today,  He again has given me peace... peace which surpasses ALL understanding.  GOD will take care of us today... as He did yesterday... and will take care of us tomorrow.

So far, as I am writing this today, my husband has made it safe for half the trip... am waiting patiently on the LORD to fully take care and protect him on the way back.

Lord, increase my faith... and let me see your hand at work, that your name might be glorified in our lives!

The refrain to this song came to me as I was praying for my husband's safety; What a blessing it has been to me! It has been good for me to trust in my Father's wise bestowment... even in my anxious thoughts.

Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine;
Living with Jesus, a new life divine;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine,
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.


Refrain


Moment by moment I’m kept in His love;
Moment by moment I’ve life from above;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.


Never a trial that He is not there,
Never a burden that He doth not bear,
Never a sorrow that He doth not share,
Moment by moment, I’m under His care.


Never a heartache, and never a groan,
Never a teardrop and never a moan;
Never a danger but there on the throne,
Moment by moment He thinks of His own.


May you feel encouraged to WAIT patiently for the LORD.


~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment