Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blessed be the LORD who DAILY loads us with benefits...

IMG_1999

 

" But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before GOD; yea, let them EXCEEDINGLY rejoice." Ps. 68:3

Today, I'm dwelling on God's faithfulness to me and rejoicing that  He ALONE gives me strength. I've been blessed to be reading through the Psalms again. The psalms have always been of comfort to me throughout my growing up years. I can always find words that speak to me in times of rejoicing... as well as in times of trial.

But as  I am growing older and rereading  the Psalms, I'm finding new "treasures" that speak to me... treasures that are needed for  today. Today is different than yesterday. I'm different than yesterday. Life is different than yesterday. Nonetheless, God's WORD is still the same. And that's what's beautiful, each new day brings a different set of  verses that are seen in a new light as we grow in HIS strength.

God's word is always new and fresh... the wonderful part is that it NEVER gets old. That's enough to make us delight in reading the scriptures daily... for the God of our salvation daily LOADETH us with benefits . "Ps. 68:19.

This particular psalm had loads of benefits for me as I was reading it... God sends plentiful rain , even when we are in "drought"... and confirms our inheritance in HIM, even when we are weary. vs.9.

I was especially blessed when reading that HE commands our strength... Yes, HE commands it for us!


"Thy God hath commanded Thy strength; strengthen, O God, that which though hast wrought for us. " Psalm 68:28


So when we were without strength, Christ died for us (Romans 5:6)... and when our strength is weak, HIS power is made perfect (2 Cor.12:9)... and we can do everything through HIM who strengthens us (Phil 4:13).

I'm grateful for HIS reminder... that God alone does the work in us... HE alone!

The last verse of the Psalm really solidifies this fact:

"... the God of Israel is HE that giveth STRENGTH and POWER unto HIS people. Blessed be GOD. " Vs. 35  


May you know the benefits of HIS strength in your life today.


~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment