Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nevertheless I am CONTINUALLY with thee...

IMG_2009

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before THEE." Ps. 73:22

These past few days I was thinking on this verse found in the well-know psalm... Psalm 73- verse 22. How I can relate! I think we all have at one point or another looked at the wicked, the unbelieving, with wonder... and maybe sometimes with jealousy and covetousness.

Growing up as a child and young adult... I often found myself comparing. Comparing with those who had better things than I did... earthly things, really! Nothing of real heavenly value. Satan always found a way for me to be occupied with comparing myself with others... the earthly things I didn't possess... while others had loads of them! Kept looking at what I didn't have, rather than looking at what I did have.

Why do others, who aren't Christians, fare far better than those who have God as their Heavenly Father. Wouldn't it be the other way around? Oh, no... you'll find the answer towards the end of the psalm. " For, lo, they that are far from THEE shall perish." vs. 27.


It's interesting, because  envy, covetousness, and jealousy comes in all sorts of forms...  it's not only in material things like cars, houses, money... but in intelligence, wittiness, beauty,  even  in talents of all sorts. And when I think about it , nothing we have is really because of our doing. God's hand is in it all. How foolish I was, how ignorant... to think otherwise!

What more could we desire? But to be pleasing to the LORD. To have a clean heart. To be meek and lowly. To have a Christ-like character that is far better than rubies. " How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!" Prov 16:16

Nothing on this earth is worth its weight in gold ... but that only, our salvation and honoring our HEAVENLY FATHER.

"But it is good for me to draw near to GOD: I have put my trust in the LORD GOD, that I may declare all thy works." PS. 73:28

May you put your trust in the LORD God today... and not on earthly treasures that vanish like the chaff.

~Ellie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment