Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man...

IMG_0636

 

" In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy comforts delight my soul." Ps. 94:19

Do you ever have sleepless nights? ... or days when you are overwhelmed with a multitude of thoughts. Maybe, there are days and nights when you are  sorely burdened. I've had my share of those days and nights. Days where I've felt my feet slipping from under me... giving way to fear. Fear of a loved one dying from a sickness, fear of being all alone, fear of losing all hope.

But in those darkest moments my Saviour never lets go! He always understands... He always knows our thoughts.  For when our feet slip, His mercy holds us up.(PS. 94:18)... Blessed be HIS name!

And even during the darkest of moments, God teaches us lessons that can only be learned when we are at the end of our rope. To learn full dependence on Him.... and ultimately accept His perfect plan. Isn't it interesting that we tend to seek God and cry out for mercy mostly when we are empty ... and in need.

Many times God has to apply chastisement  so we can be brought back into the "fold"... "we all like sheep have gone astray".  How often when out of the "fold" we take matters into our hands... trusting NOT the Lord , NOR relying on Him.

We try working things out with our own reason, we seek the advice of friends or family, or we look to other means for deliverance. But how gracious our LORD is with us! What may be chastisement for the moment, is later rewarded as a blessing. We are blessed through the chastisement. Yes, through chastisement we are blessed! It may sound contrary to what we feel when chastised, but God's word never lies...

" Blessed is the man whom THOU chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law." Ps. 94:11


Isn't it beautiful?... To know the Father knows best. Help me LORD to accept THY will ... and not my own.

May you know the blessings of the HEAVENLY FATHER today!

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment