Friday, April 18, 2014

Praise Ye the LORD... Praise the NAME of the LORD.

IMG_0972

 "Blessed be the NAME of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore." Psalm 113:2


These past several weeks my husband and I have been reading through the Psalms. We like to read  the BIBLE in order, it's something we've always done. So throughout our marriage we've read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation a few times. But I am always blessed to see how the WORD of GOD is always new... there's always something new the LORD reveals.  If only we have ears to listen.

While reading through the Psalms this time around, I've especially noticed how God desires that we praise HIM. Many, many psalms start out by exhorting us to praise  GOD'S HOLY NAME.... urging us to give thanks to God: " Praise ye the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord."

And why should we praise HIM?

Because HE is GOOD ... and HIS mercy endureth forever!(Ps. 106:1). That's enough to praise HIM all day long!

But can we praise HIM all day? I mean, even when we are going through trials, or when discouraged? God says we can... because we are to give thanks in ALL things. But not of our own strength. For when we are weak HIS strength is made perfect in us.

I know it's hard to apply a thankful attitude and to have praise on our lips even when... deep in hurt, deep in discouragement, deep in pain, deep in loneliness, deep in abandonment. But He is our strength even when our flesh and heart faileth! Psalm 73.

Blessed be HIS name, for:

" HE raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill."


PS. 113:7


And God doesn't just stop there:


" That HE may set him with princes, even with the princes of HIS people" 


Isn't it beautiful where He places us? Oh, that I might praise HIM in ALL things!


Today was such a beautiful reminder for me. To PRAISE HIM... ALL day long. I don't know about you , but when I take a hymn and sing, I find my heart at peace. There is something that happens when we sing a song of praise to our GOD almighty... it brings wonderful peace.


And today this verse in Psalm 113:3 made me aware of praising GOD even more so than before.... because He desires praise... for our good and HIS glory!


" From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name IS to be PRAISED."  


May you praise our Heavenly Father today... trusting that HE is at work even when we are deep in discouragement or when we are full of joy.


~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment