Wednesday, May 6, 2015

... ye are not your own. For you are bought with a price....


"Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear Him, and keep His commandments, and obey His voice, and ye shall serve Him, and cleave unto Him" Deuteronomy 13:4.

This morning as I was walking,  I happened to hear a song... a song I 'd never heard before. The song brought to remembrance a verse that I don't often dwell on... as I ought. 

Oh, that I would be reminded of it every day! 

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, 
which ye have of God, 
and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, 
and in your spirit, which are God's." 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

How often I go through the day... forgetting that a price was paid for my redemption. A price no one could pay that could satisfy our Father in heaven. Only ONE could pay that price ... the Lord Jesus Christ. Blood had to be shed SO that I could partake of the divine nature and be called a child of God. 

And not just a child of God... but an HEIR of God... JOINT HEIR with Jesus Christ. (Romans 8).

That I would walk after the Lord, my GOD...
That I would fear Him...
That I would keep His commandments...
That I would obey His voice...
That I should serve Him....
... and cleave unto Him.

O, Lord help me to live my life... led by your Holy Spirit... and remind me that I am not my own. That you have paid a most precious price... 

... giving me all that I have and am!

May praise be continually on my lips...


Lord, I must be yours alone.
Teach me I am not my own.
Crush and mold this heart of stone.
In your image make it.

Willful, stubborn, Lord, it's true-
I do what I want to do.
Let me learn to follow you.
Take my will and break it

From my self I would be free.
Take all my identity,
Fill with your humility.
Seize my pride and shake it.

When a helpless wreck I am,
Take me and rebuild the sham
To be like the Living Lamb,
My life, on Him I stake it.
Written by: Abigail Miller

May you be led by the Spirit as you seek to honor Him in your life today.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment