Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How GREAT is His Goodness, and how GREAT is His Beauty...

" That He would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve Him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before Him, all the days of our life." Luke 1: 74,75

This past week I have been dwelling much on God's goodness. How often I go through the day and not see God's beauty in my life. How easily I focus on the things I need to "attain". How preoccupied I am with things not "going well"...

... that I find myself missing the beauty of God's goodness poured forth(in abundance) on my life.

Murmuring, discontentment seeps in unknowingly.... because I fail to count my blessings.

Do you ever get caught up with negative and critical and judgmental thoughts? Thoughts that take over and cloud our perspective on life? Do you find yourself  "running to and fro" trying to accomplish things that are not lasting?

Motives that are simply empty of  eternal value?

Well, this week I found myself thus... lacking the eternal perspective. Lacking focus on what really matters in life... what really counts for eternity.

The Lord brought some beautiful reminders as I was reading His word. How precious to stop and dwell on the Lord's goodness and beauty.

  • For I am to be a witness UNTO HIM...

But ye shall receive power, 
after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: 
and ye shall be witnesses unto me..." 
Acts 1:8

  • I am to serve Him in holiness and righteousness BEFORE HIM...

"... serve Him without fear, 
in holiness and righteousness 
before Him, 
all the days of our life."
 Luke 1:75

  • I am to do service AS TO THE LORD, and not to men...

"...doing service, as to the Lord, 
and not to men." 
Ephesians 6:7

Blessed today with a few verses that encouraged me to bring glory unto the Lord and see His beauty in my life.

 “Honor and majesty are before Him; 
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary,” 
“Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! ”
Psalm 96:6, 9

 “Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; 
Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.”
Psalm 29:2

 “And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, 
and establish the work of our hands for us; 
Yes, establish the work of our hands.” 
Psalm 90:17

I often have to remember that my life here is not to serve man, nor myself... but rather to serve the Lord... all the days of my life.

May you be encouraged to see God's beauty and holiness in your life today...
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment