Wednesday, April 22, 2015

... that the man of God be perfect...

" All scripture is given by inspiration of God... that the man of God be perfect, throughly furnished..." 2 Timothy 3:16,17

Do you ever find yourself failing... in your walk with God? In not manifesting the fruit of the Spirit... nor manifesting to others that you are a child of God?

Recently I was convicted of my wickedness through my words and deeds... idle/unkind words said at the expense of others... and even impatience, along with a disdainful look. Sometimes I am aware of my wrongful actions straightaway... other times I let it go for sometime, thinking nothing of it, only to feel the nudging of the Holy Spirit bringing my failings to my attention.

" Be ye therefore perfect, 
even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." 
Matthew 5:48

Striving for perfection. The ups and downs of our spiritual walk. " All things work together for good to them that love God..." Rom 8:28 

As I was acknowledging my sins before my Father, I was thankful for His forgiveness, for His love...

... a love that brought His Spirit in my life to convict me of sin... and guide me in all truth.

" ...because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts 
by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." 
Galatians 5:5

I thought about how the Lord tells us to be perfect, as He is perfect. 

Can we actually be perfect? 

Then the Lord showed me that His Spirit in us ... indeed is perfect. That is why we are to walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit... (Romans 8).

So yes, the man of God may be perfect when we walk in the Spirit... For we are furnished unto all good works... made possible through ALL the scripture that is given by the inspiration of God. (2 Tim. 16,17)...

Oh, the magnitude and the power the WORD OF GOD has on our spiritual walk.

How important to know His Word... it does us good!

" ... do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly? " 
Micah 2:7

I was so thankful for God's direction towards a verse that gave me much comfort after acknowledging my failings before Him.  It is the HOLY Spirit dwelling in me that continues to help me in my infirmities... 

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities..."
Romans 8:26

How precious the WORD... the comfort it gives us! 

Thank you Lord for your continual working in my life. Help me to lay aside that which displeases you. Help me cling to that which is good and perfect in YOUR sight.

May you hide God's word in your heart and walk in the Spirit... that you might not sin against Him.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment