Wednesday, May 13, 2015

... in Him we shall have peace.

"Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?" John 11:40

I've always wondered how peaceful my life would be if I'd see things from God's eyes. If I would be totally aware of the Father's plan for me...if I could see how all things would unveil in the end. 

Then..

...I wouldn't worry. 
...I wouldn't be fearful. 
...I wouldn't doubt.

I'd be totally at peace....knowing my Father holds eternity in His hand... and my life. 

And yet God has given us His Word... full of promises... to help us "see" His plan for our lives. He doesn't withhold His knowledge from us.  

Yes, I often struggle. I worry. I'm fearful. I doubt.
Yes, we will have tribulations.

But how wonderful to find peace in God's HOLY Word... to be reminded that not one of His promises will ever fail me. He encourages us  and reminds us that... IN HIM WE SHALL HAVE PEACE.

" These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace
In the world ye shall have tribulation: 
but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." 
John 16:33

So today I was again encouraged to look outside of my struggles and fears... to trust my Heavenly Father and believe in His might... in His wisdom... and in His perfect plan for me.

How wonderful to rely on His Word... knowing that it will stand forever... and  all promises will be fulfilled!

" Heaven and earth shall pass away,
 but my words shall not pass away." 
Matthew 24:35

"For verily I say unto you, 
Till heaven and earth pass, 
one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law,
 till all be fulfilled." 
Matthew 5:18

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth:
 but the word of our God shall stand for ever." 
Isaiah 40:8

God's promises never fail. It is not in His character to say something... and not fulfill it.   

"God is not a man, that He should lie;
 neither the son of man, that He should repent: 
hath He said, and shall He not do it? 
or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" 
Numbers 23:19

Isn't it wonderful to be dependent on God... to allow Him to direct our steps... to believe that His way is perfect? 

For when we believe, we shall see the glory of God! 

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, 
according to the power that worketh in us,
to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus 
to all generations forever and ever. 
Amen." 
Ephesians 3:20,21

May you trust the only wise God to direct your ways... and find peace in Him.
~Ellie

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to read today... thank you for the encouragement! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad, Carolann! It was something I needed as well... and how grateful I am for God's loving reminders to us... that He is always FAITHFUL, always TRUE, always RIGHT in all He does.

    May He be your rock and haven of rest:)...

    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete