Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Will you not TREMBLE at MY PRESENCE?

" ... but yet I would have you WISE unto that which is GOOD, and simple concerning evil. " Romans 16:19
"... neither be partaker's of other men's sins; Keep thyself  PURE." 1 Timothy 5:22

Recently I came upon this verse in Romans, where we are instructed to be simple in the things that are evil. I thought upon this quite a bit, because oftentimes we can find ourselves dabbling in things that are not pure and righteous... and overlooking sin.

Evil surrounds us in all forms... we can easily be drawn to evil... and even place ourselves in the pathway of temptations unknowingly.

I find it comes easy for our minds to "soak up" things that our flesh desires... it can come through media, news, movies, books and all forms of evil practices. And sometimes we can find ourselves in the presence of evil company. But... 

Do we separate ourselves from these worldly passions? 
Are we aware of God's HOLINESS... and desire that we be simple concerning things that are evil? 
Do we fear GOD? 
Do we tremble at His presence? 
Do we run from evil... and seek that which is good?

We can easily clutter our minds with things that harm...
However, we are to  be wise unto that which is GOOD. We are to know God's Word..., for it has power to heal and cleanse... and teaches us the way we ought to walk.

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, 
and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." 
2 Corinthians 6:17

"I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand...." Jeremiah 15:17

" Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." 
2 Timothy 2:19

Yes, we are to live in this world...but we are not of the world. The Lord Jesus sent us out into the world... and His prayer was that we would be kept from evil (John 17). 

Oh, to be innocent concerning all that is evil,

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless(innocent) as doves.
 Matthew 10:16

So in my thoughts, I went to Psalm 101... a perfect guide... for the application of God's precepts.... to help us in our walk:

PSALM 101:

IN REGARDS TO OUR OBEDIENCE
  • I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. 
  • I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
  • I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes.
  • I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
  • A froward heart shall depart from me: 
  • I will not know a wicked person.

IN REGARDS TO GOD'S JUDGEMENT ON DISOBEDIENCE
  • Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off:
  • Him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
  • He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house
  • He that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

AND GOD'S PROMISES TO THOSE WHO WALK UPRIGHTLY
  • Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: 
  • He that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.

Lord, I pray that  I would be wise in the things that are GOOD, RIGHTEOUS and HOLY... 

...  to be aware of Your presence in my life, to acknowledge Your holiness and purity, to flee from unrighteousness...

... and be FAITHFUL to You.

May you be encouraged today to hide God's Word in your heart... to be wise in that which is GOOD... and innocent concerning evil.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment