Wednesday, September 16, 2015

And be found in HIM , NOT having mine own Righteousness...

" That I may know HIM, and the power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS sufferings, being made conformable unto HIS death." Phillipians 3:10

You know, sometimes it's not the easiest to apply the WORD in our lives. Phillipians 3:10 is a perfect example of a verse that requires us to be conformed to the LORD's death. Have you ever thought about it... to be conformed to HIS DEATH? 

CONFORM (def): be similar in form or type.
synonym: abide by, obey, observe, follow, keep to, stick to, adhere to, uphold, heed, accept,..

To be conformed to His death... would require that we be like the Lord Jesus, and follow in His steps.

I don't know about you... but I often fail to be conformed to His death or to know the fellowship of His sufferings.
  • I fail to be a servant... and find myself desiring to place my needs above others. 
  • I fail to be made of no reputation... and care too much of what man thinks of me.
  • I fail to be humble... and find myself proud, even in the smallest of things. 
  • I fail to suffer loss... and  find myself trying to keep worthless things as gain.
  • I fail to revile not when reviled against... and can find myself holding a record of wrong, even in silence.

No... to be conformed, ..." unto HIS death." means to die to self... that Christ may live in my stead!

For sure we can never be conformed to Christ's image on our own. I am to have NO confidence in my OWN FLESH, but rather I'm to, 

"....be found in Him, 
not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, 
BUT that which is through the faith of Christ, 
the righteousness which is of God by faith."
Phillipians 3:9

The Righteousness ... which is of God... alone works in us... a walk that is worthy of HIS HOLY NAME.

What blessed thought... to be cleansed from all our unrighteousness and be clothed in HIS righteousness.

"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; 
that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him." 
1 Corinthians 5:21

Indeed we can have VICTORY over our own flesh, our own desires, our own self-workings... because Christ is RISEN...  the power of His resurrection has brought us justification.

"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. "
Romans 4:25

And while I may fail from time to time, I am encouraged that HIS strength is made PERFECT in my weakness.... 

...reminding me that it is best to be occupied in,

 " .... forgetting those things which are behind, 
and reaching forth 
unto those things which are BEFORE, 
I press toward the mark 
for the prize 
of the HIGH CALLING OF GOD 
in 
Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 3: 13,14

How wonderful to know that in the Lord Jesus Christ we have complete victory!

" But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 
1 Corinthians 15:57
*
"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: 
and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 
1 John 5:4

Oh, that I would be occupied with knowing more and more of my Saviour... that I would be able to count all things as loss... that I may indeed be conformed unto His death.

Holy Father, help me to walk worthy of your calling... and do nothing through strife or vainglory.

May you be encouraged today to KNOW the Lord Jesus... and " press toward the mark for the prize of the HIGH CALLING OF GOD  in Christ Jesus."

~Ellie  

No comments:

Post a Comment