Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pass the time of your sojourning here in fear...

" Wherefore gird up the loins OF YOUR MIND, be sober, and HOPE TO THE END for the GRACE that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:13

How often I forget the reason for my existence and the purpose for my life on this earth. More often than not, I tend to lose sight of God's reason for placing me on this earth. It's not that I'm not aware of His purpose in my life, but I find my mind  preoccupied too much with the "cares of the world" ... and too little glorifying God. Way too little...

How thankful I am for God's Word that brings me back to the light. Reading through 1 Peter, I was once again encouraged to fix my eyes on the things above.

I am reminded that,

... my existence isn't to fulfill my own pleasures.
... my existence isn't that I run around seeking to fulfill "my life's ambitions".
... my existence isn't for worldly gain.
... my existence isn't that I "be the best that I can be" in the eyes of the world. 

No, my existence is purely to GLORIFY GOD and give HIM PRAISE in all that I do. 
I am to remember that HE brought salvation to my soul and turned me from the pit of darkness to His glorious light.

" But you are a CHOSEN people, a ROYAL priesthood, and HOLY nation, 
His OWN SPECIAL people; 
that ye should shew forth the praises of Him 
who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 
1 Peter 2:9

And so I was thankful this morning for the reminder to:

1) Gird up the loins of my mind,
     ... and be prepared for action. 
                 ( 1 Pet.1:13)
2) Pass the time of my sojourning here on earth... in fear,
    ... laying aside all forms of malice, guile, hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speakings. 
                         (1 Pet.1:17/ 2 Pet.2:1)
3) Believe in God.
     ... that my HOPE and FAITH might be in God. 
                        (1 Pet.1:21)

The Word of God says it best in Ecclesiastes,

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; 
Fear God, and keep His commandments, 
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgement, 
with every secret thing
whether, it be good, or whether it be evil. " 
Ecclesiastes 12:13,14

Lord how we need you! Remind us of your purpose for our lives... and remove from us any selfish ambitions that lead to death. Help us to walk by your Spirit... in the light of your Word. 

May you be encouraged today to "desire the sincere(pure) milk of the word, that you may grow thereby."... honoring and glorifying God.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment