Wednesday, September 2, 2015

He sent His WORD, and HEALED them...

" For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness." Psalm 107:9

This morning after reading the Word, I picked up my hymn book and started to sing softly... a hymn that I've known for quite some time. Such comforting words...

... the LORD JESUS, the only ONE who offers rest that can satisfy a weary and worn soul. 

Do you ever find yourself  weary and worn and sad? Who can truly understand your needs? Can you ever bring your struggles to man... and find complete rest in man? 

No... no one cares for you like the Lord Jesus. He alone satisfieth the longing soul... He sends His WORD... then heals... and delivers. 

" He sent His WORD, and healed them,
 and delivered them from their destructions." 
Psalm 107:20 

O Lord, How grateful I am for your goodness to me... indeed I find fullness of joy... in YOUR presence.

 "I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say"
by Horatius Bonar, 1808-1899

 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down,
Thy head upon My breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting-place,
And He has made me glad.

 I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one,
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life-giving stream.
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's Light.
Look unto Me; thy morn shall rise
And all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that Light of Life I'll walk
Till traveling days are done.

What joy to have the Lord Jesus as our haven of rest...

" He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they are quiet; so He bringeth them unto their desired haven." Psalm 107: 29,30

May you seek to find rest in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ... who gives the LIVING water... and revives the weary soul.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment