Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The eyes of all wait upon Thee...

"The LORD is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works." Psalm 145:9

One day this past week, I was coming home from my morning walk. I was about to walk my last few paces before reaching the front door... when I was met with the beautiful sound of a meadowlark singing ever so sweetly. Such beautiful sound!

Immediately I looked up to find her perched on the very top branch... singing away... under the cloudy sky. 

I kept thinking how free she was, without a care in the world. How the heavenly Father takes care of her so marvelously, as she safely abides under His wings.

She still sings... under the clouds, the rain, the wind.

I couldn't  but be encouraged that morning. Yes, our heavenly Father takes care of us as well...

... even more so than the birds in the skies.

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; 
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. 
Are ye not much better than they?" 
Matthew 6:26

What a beautiful reminder to rest in the shadow of His wings... knowing we are loved and protected by the mighty power of God. 

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! 
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. "
 Psalm 36:7

Oh, the peace to be free of the worries of this world... and sing praises to the Holy One.  

UNDER HIS WINGS

Under His wings I am safely abiding;
  Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me;
  He has redeemed me, and I am His child.

  Under His wings, under His wings,
  Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
    Safely abide forever.

Under His wings—what a refuge in sorrow!
  How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
  There I find comfort, and there I am blest.

Under His wings—oh, what precious enjoyment!
  There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me;
  Resting in Jesus I’m safe evermore.
Ira D. Sankey

May you find a haven of rest under the MIGHTY wings of God... and magnify His name in your life today. 
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment