Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I even I am the LORD, and beside me there is no SAVIOUR...

"... He knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: 
These forty years the LORD Thy God hath been with thee; 
Thou hast lacked nothing." 
Deuteronomy 2:7

These past several weeks I've been reading through Isaiah... and oh, what a blessing it has been to me. As much as I've read through Isaiah many, many times the Lord always seems to reveal new truths and comfort through His word.

The book of Isaiah clearly lays out the importance of knowing who God is... clearly there is NO other God in heaven but HE alone... 

" ... I am the first , I am the last; and beside me there is no God."
Isaiah 44:6
And yet again, 

"... Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any."
Isaiah 44:8

What really stood out for me while reading through Isaiah was how God relates His steadfast love to us ... over and over again. It's His desire that we might  know Him and that we would give Him glory and be a witness for His name. 

" Ye are my witnesses, and my servant whom I have chosen: 
That ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am HE: 
Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."
 Isaiah 43:10

The really neat thing is that God cares for us His people. He has formed us. He has blotted out our transgressions. He has redeemed us... a people for Himself.

And how beautifully He takes care of us. Even  through the wilderness... He gives us water. And in the desert... He gives us rivers.    

" I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, 
to give drink to my people, my chosen." 
Isaiah 43:20

All this... so that we might show forth praise unto our God. Our God who has formed us and has called us by name.  

It's such a comforting thought that my God has been with me all these years, through the "wilderness, through the "desert" ... and I have lacked nothing!   

O, Lord... help me to show forth your praise and be a witness for your name. Indeed you are the only true God, the Holy One, the Creator of heaven and earth... my KING.

   " Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory..."
 Isaiah 43:7

May you show forth God's glory in your life today and be encouraged to give Him praise.
~Ellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment