Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Looking for that blessed HOPE, and the GLORIOUS appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

" Keep yourselves in the love of God, 
Looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." 
Jude 1:21

This morning I looked outside. The sun was shining. It was a beautiful day. Yesterday the rain brought about such wonderful crisp air. I was debating if I should even go for a walk. Normally I walk after I read and pray, but today I wasn't feeling the best.

Because my morning walk has always been a part of my daily activity, I found myself putting on my shoes and warm coat. Maybe I'll just walk a bit less today I reasoned....

Somehow my walks have always done me good... not just physically, but spiritually as well. It's a time I like to listen to hymns, hear a bible reading program, memorize verses or  pray for my loved ones.

I'll confess not all days are productive... as thoughts of the earthly things can cloud my mind. Sometimes I find myself coming up back to the house and realize I wasted my time being burdened rather than trusting in the LORD.

But today I heard a beautiful song that lifted my spirit... and I thanked the LORD for reminding me to look on the things above.

I thought to share the song... hoping it would encourage you as well.

HOW WONDERFUL HEAVEN WILL BE

As I see the marks of sin I feel a sadness,
But there's a thought that always brings a sweet release.
Soon our Saviour will be here, that day is drawing near,
When tears, when trial, when heartaches all will cease.

Chorus

Oh how wonderful heaven will be,
To be with Jesus throughout eternity.
No earthly thing can compare
to what is waiting for us there.
Oh how wonderful heaven will be.

Oh just think of all the countless joys of heaven,
A better land, a better life than we could know.
We will be forever safe thru His forgiving grace,
This gift is ours because He loves us so.  

Author: Dan Dirksen Jr.

May you look for the glorious appearing of our SAVIOUR Jesus Christ... and find joy and peace for the trials of today.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment