Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Therefore it is of FAITH, that it might be by GRACE...

photo 4 (2)

" ... In the shadow of HIS hand hath HE hid me, and made me a polished shaft..." Isaiah 49:2


Today I felt like the LORD has a ton of work to do in my life. I am constantly reminded of my weaknesses throughout the day. My thoughts wander from the LORD as I focus on things below. Always concerned with doing things in my own strength...

It is a constant battle to get still before the LORD.... to allow the "dew" of HIS WORD to refresh me.  I quickly rush though the day and stop not to contemplate God's goodness to me... His faithfulness. His Mercy. His Grace.

Haste. Haste makes me miss the beauty of HIS presence in my life.

Last week as I was finishing a lovely visit with an older friend, I started gathering my things and was rushing to head on out. Lots of things awaited me... and  I needed to pick up my husband from work. My friend offered to walk me to my car.  Would I mind if she'd come along?  It was such a lovely day.

As I waited for her to find her key, then her cane, I thought of the fellowship we had enjoyed together for a couple of hours. It had been good to encourage each other from God's WORD...

We slowly made our way along the small path that led to the car. I in a hurry...  and my friend enjoying the bright yellow dandelion flowers that had sprung up so brightly in the heat of the day.

I was focusing on my need to hurry up. My friend stopped.

" Have you ever seen how perfectly the dandelion is made ? "  No. Not the dandelion. Why would I look intently at the dandelion? It's not the prettiest of flowers. And they are a bother. I suppose if they were a rose...

I went home. But I thought about the dandelion. How I treat God's blessings in my life as dandelions. They are perfect. But I rush and hardly pay attention to them. I see them...but sometimes consider them a bother. It can be a friend, a husband or wife, a sibling, a child in need... it can be work or chores that have to be done.... or it can be anything we take for granted, yet we cherish it not. We may even "trample" on them. But all are blessings from above...

How often we may consider God's blessings as "small and insignificant" . We want blessings that are big. We want to see God answering "beautifully". We want our prayers answered... immediately and in our own way.

I admit I don't always "see"  the LORD working in small things... but HE worketh.

HE perfectly polishes me... in HIS way, not mine. Through pain. Through trials. Through afflictions. Through times of loneliness, through times of fearfulness, through times of need.

I am weak. But I pray I might  show forth HIS glory.... through FAITH in HIM... and all by HIS GRACE.

Truly, HIS grace is sufficient.

" He staggered not at the promise of GOD through unbelief; but was strong in FAITH, giving glory to GOD; and being FULLY persuaded that, what HE had promised, HE was able also to perform."


Romans 4:20-21   


Lord, help me to have FAITH even in the smallest of things... and may I be still as you work  to polish and perfect your work in me. Thank you for your GRACE that carries me through the day.

May you see God's hand in your life as HE works on your behalf... trusting Him, loving Him, praising Him.

~Ellie

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautifully written. As one Ellie to another, I certainly appreciated your post. You are so right, often we are too busy to appreciate the simpler things in life. This touched my heart and made me slow down enough to see God's blessings all around me today. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie, Thank you for stopping by.... and for your kind words. God is indeed merciful... and SO good!

    It was such a blessing to hear from a fellow believer...and one that shares the same name:).

    May you have a blessed day...

    ReplyDelete