Friday, February 7, 2014

I will never leave you...

IMG_0619

I woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday. Yesterday was a bit difficult. My head was throbbing, my eyes were burning. I don't normally suffer from headaches. Slight headaches have come and gone in the past, nothing to worry about. Then there are those rare headaches that sort of debilitate me for the day. I feel dizzy, have a throbbing headache and don't feel like doing much. Yesterday was such a day.

But this morning I woke up feeling better. I read about the Lord's mercy over us... Psalm 44. How He has saved us from our past enemies, and of His promise found in verse 5: " Through Thee we will push down our enemies... through Thy name."

I rested in His love, " Thou art my King, O God.." ( v.4) ... Found strength in the fact that God redeems us for HIS mercies sake... not our own. (v. 26)

And then  at breakfast, a wave of anxiety overcame me... my body just felt anxious.  The anxiety came from nowhere. Came all of a sudden. I tried to shake it off. But a feeling of sadness came with it. I'm wondering if it has to do with hormonal changes in my body. Whatever it is, I don't like the feeling...

So this morning I especially looked forward to my morning prayer time with my Lord. He always understands. He always cares. He knows exactly what we go through. I can be myself. I told Him about my feelings and asked His strength to carry me through the day. He answered by calming my body and giving me hope through His promises. 

"I will never leave you nor forsake you!" 
Joshua 1:5

And then I found peace by singing the hymn, "In Tenderness He Sought Me"... how much the Lord, my King loved me...  "I wondered what He saw in me, to suffer such deep agony" It doesn't compare to my pains here, though He totally understands. And yet He loved me... enough to die for me! Blessed be His name...

May you know God's peace today.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment