Friday, February 21, 2014

For THY Mercy Is Great...

IMG_1946

"Be THOU exalted, O God, above the heavens: Let THY Glory be above the earth." Psalm 57:11

My husband and I are reading through the Psalms as part of our daily Bible reading. This Psalm was such a comfort to both of us today. It's simply beautiful to meditate on God's glory... and to rest in the shadow of HIS wings.

Can you believe it? We find rest and protection ... even in HIS shadow! Oh, that made me to stop. I hadn't thought about His shadow alone being so powerful.  But, God is  almighty... and all powerful. I'll never really comprehend  God's magnitude with this, my earthly mind. But this I know... true rest is found under the wings of the Almighty God!

Where do I find refuge in times of calamity? The Psalm clearly lays it out ... under the shadow of HIS wings.

" Yea, in the shadow of THY wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast."
 Psalm 57:1.

We clearly need  to abide and rest under God's protection whenever we face trials of all sorts.

The amazing part of resting in HIS protection... is that God does all the work in regards to our difficulties. Whatever concerns us, we cry out to HIM who saves us. HE is not slack. No, HE works on our behalf!

"I will cry unto God most high;unto God that performeth ALL THINGS for me." vs 2.

And look what He will do for us!

" HE shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up."  vs.3

Isn't that amazing! And to top it off, HE continues to send even more blessings...

" God shall send forth His mercy and His truth." vs 3.

Did you know HIS mercy and truth is quite BIG? It's not something small, but rather when God gives, He gives to overflowing.

" For THY mercy is great unto the heavens, and THY truth unto the clouds. "vs 10

Now, that is some storehouse!  Let us rest in HIS mighty power. And let's praise HIM... for HE works on our behalf.

May You  rest in the shadow of HIS wings today.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment