Thursday, June 2, 2016

Let us put on the armor of LIGHT...

" Owe no man anything, but to love one another..." Romans 13:8

These past several weeks have been weeks of growth for me. Weeks that have marked my life with a renewed adoration for my LORD and my GOD. I have been in awe to see the presence of my LORD in my life. 

It isn't that I haven't seen God's power in the past, far from it... but these several weeks have been so special to me... because God is answering my deepest prayer... that He would increase my faith.

I don't know about you, but I find myself like the disciples... in need of having the Lord increase my faith. Because I know how easily I can falter, how easily I can stumble, how easily I can lose my focus... all because I look unto the things of this world, the vain things that mean nothing in the scheme of eternal life. 

So these past several weeks I have seen the Lord work in my life in ways that have simply amazed me. 

He gave peace in the midst of sorrow...
He answered when all was "hopeless" according to man,
He made His power known to the amazement of all involved... accomplishing His perfect will.
He increased my faith in a God that keeps His promises.

Yes, His WORD is truth... "ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

And through this all, I'm finding how important it is to live our lives filled with love from above. 
I have seen how important it is to be "dressed" with the armour of LIGHT... and owe no man anything... but LOVE. 

LOVE from above covers over a multitude of sins. 
LOVE from above melts the heart of stone. 
LOVE from above works no ill to his neighbor.
LOVE from above looks beyond self and cares for the needs of others.
LOVE from above is made perfect in us when we abide in CHRIST.
LOVE from above casts out fear.
LOVE from above is the fulfillment of the law.

God is LOVE. He that dwelleth in LOVE dwelleth in GOD and God in him. (1 John 4:16)

"...because AS HE IS so ARE WE  in this world." (1 John 4:17)

Heavenly Father, Thank you for the Lord Jesus Christ and that through Him we can live. Help us to be filled with love from above, that we might bring glory to you. We are so thankful for your Word, that it is truth. Help us to be grounded in your Word. Work in our hearts that we would desire to be more like the Lord Jesus Christ.

" But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, 
and make no provision for the flesh
to fulfill the lusts thereof." 
Romans 13:14

May you be encouraged to walk in humbleness of heart and to desire His Word above all else...
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment