Tuesday, June 28, 2016

And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD...

And the Lord said unto Moses, "Is the Lord's hand waxed short? Thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not. " Numbers 11:23

You know, sometimes I find myself so weak in faith. Sometimes I find myself complaining and murmuring... just as the Israelites did long ago.  Oh, I may not  want to admit it... I may not consider it as complaining or murmuring... because I may be blind to my own folly.  

How often we've thought back to the "good times" and fall prey to discontentment of a present situation...  and murmur against God's goodness.  That's just what the Israelites did.... and that's we we do today. 

" We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; 
the cucumbers, and the melons and the leeks, 
and the onions and the garlic." 
Numbers 11:5

We fail to see God's grace and mercy offered TODAY... and consider it as nothing.. even when He offers manna from above!

" But now our soul is dried away; 
there is nothing at all beside this manna, 
before our eyes." 
Numbers 11:6

And how often we may find ourselves in the shoes of Moses and say, " This burden is too heavy to carry, I cannot do it alone."  

Yes, Moses complained before the LORD... but so do we.

" I am not able to bear all this alone, 
because it is too heavy." 
Numbers 11:14

However, I was extremely encouraged when I read once again the account  of God showing His mercy and proving His promises to be true... even to a people that was full of murmuring and complaining. 

And the Lord said unto Moses, "Is the Lord's hand waxed short? 
Thou shalt see now 
whether my word shall come to pass 
unto thee
 or not. " 
Numbers 11:23

" For all the promises of God in Him are yea,
 and in Him Amen, 
unto the glory of God by us."
2 Corinthians 1:20

Oh Father, forgive our murmuring and complaining against you. Remind us how much it displeases you. Help us to see your goodness today and trust in your promises that are true and faithful.

May you find rest in the preciousness of God's love and care for you today.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment