Thursday, June 16, 2016

... Having FORGIVEN you ALL trespasses.

" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to HIS cross." Colossians 2:14

Do you ever find yourself unworthy of God's love? Do you ever see yourself a sinner?  

Sometimes our sin is so evident... that we can see our wickedness quite plainly... no one has to tell us we've wronged God in our actions. 

And yet, there are times when we may be unaware of our sin. It may be that we've compromised so much that we are immune to it.... we don't see our proud look, or we may not be aware of the words that come out of our mouths. Sometimes we may even fall prey to doing something that makes "life" easier for us by being dishonest in one form or another.

The truth is that we are all sinners. All of us have sinned. We all have to fight against the flesh. 

And yet, had it not been for God's precious love, we would all have remained dead in our sins. 

" And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, 
hath He quickened together with HIM, 
having forgiven you all trespasses." 
Col 2:13

So I found myself one afternoon reading through Colossians... what joy, what comfort to know I've been forgiven!  

The Lord Jesus Christ - Colossians 2: 13,14,15 
... forgave all my trespasses,
... blotted out the ordinances that was against me, 
... took all my sins out of the way,
... and nailed  them to His cross,
... while making a show of them openly,
... and triumphing over them in it.

Oh, how I should praise Him! I am humbled that Christ Jesus would die for me, have mercy and remember my sins no more. What a Saviour!

" For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, 
and their sins and their iniquities 
will I remember no more." 
Hebrews 8:12

Holy Father, Thank you for your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ who has broken down the middle wall of partition between us. How thankful we are that we have been forgiven of our trespasses and that the Lord Jesus has abolished in His flesh the enmity, bringing peace to us. 

May you be encouraged today to thank God for His goodness to you... in offering forgiveness of sins through the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment