" This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein..." Joshua 1:8
This morning while reading through Ephesians chapter 5, and while undergoing a trial that brought about unrest, I found joy and kindness from a loving Savior who desires to pour out His good treasure upon His children that hearken and obey His voice...
Such peace we gain from God's HOLY WORD... that I felt the need to write down a few points that encouraged my husband and I this morning....
Because it's not always easy to accept a trial in our lives with joyfulness... nor is it easy to give thanks for a hurt you are experiencing... I found God's gentle encouragement in His Word to be the nourishment we needed this morning... to lift our eyes above the clouds and give thanks in ALL things.
Yes, God is faithful!
And so, chapter 5 of Ephesians was loaded with a list of reminders for us to follow...
...for just as in Joshua 1, if we observe to do according to God's Holy Word, ..." thy way shall be prosperous and thou shalt have good success." Joshua 1:8b
Encouragement that gave us rest from the unrest:
- Be ye therefore followers of God (v.1)
- Walk in love, as Christ also has loved us (v.2)
- Ye are LIGHT in the Lord, walk as children of light (v.8)
- See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise (v.15)
- Redeem the time, because the days are evil (v.16)
- Be filled with the SPIRIT (v.18)
- Sing and make melody in your heart to the LORD (v.19)
- Give thanks ALWAYS for ALL things (v.20)
- Submit yourselves to one another (v.21)
If we think on the things above... the things below will slowly fade away.
May you be encouraged today to put your faith and hope in a God that changest not... a God that is mighty to save.