Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Teach me to do THY will, for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is GOOD...

" And He that is MIGHTY has done to me GREAT things, and HOLY is His name." Luke 1:49

While December is quickly flying by, I've wanted to stop a bit from the busyness of life and reflect on God's ongoing goodness towards me.

This past year has been full of learning. Learning to be dependent on the Lord's working in my life. To see His hand in each and every detail of my life...

“And we know that all things work together for good 
to them that love God, 
to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28

Learning....

To be still 
To KNOW that He is God. 
To trust Him as He works 

That in the end, I would praise Him for His mighty acts.

Yes, there have been moments of heaviness, moments of discouragements, moments of fear and anxiety...

Yet, throughout all my trials the Lord has sustained me!

And while the trials in my life haven't been easy, I've learned to thank the Lord for them. Each and every trial has worked in me a far more better outcome than I have ever imagined.

You know, we tend to run away from trials... but trials are needful in our lives. And as I am writing this, I know in my heart the tendency to run away from them... I want to be free of trials. I'll be honest, I don't look forward to them.

However, I know that God has a perfect purpose for the afflictions and trials we are to undergo here on this earth...

Trials test our faith. They have a purpose.

"But we glory in tribulations also: 
knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed;  
Romans 5:3,4,5

And so, I thank the Lord for His love poured forth in my life... through trials.

Yes, through trials...because His trials are never without GRACE and MERCY !
The Lord's grace and mercy are always poured forth in ABUNDANCE and His PEACE is always with us. The peace that passeth all understanding.

I know that trials are for my own good. They are there to perfect that which concerns me.... so that one day it would bring praise and honor and glory to the ONE who is worthy of ALL our adoration.

" That the trial of your faith, 
being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, 
though it be tried with fire, 
might be found
 unto praise and honour and glory 
at the appearing of Jesus Christ." 
1 Peter 1:7

So today, as I am reflecting on this past year, I have much to thank the Lord. His goodness towards me continues to build and strengthen me to look upwards in full dependence on a God that changest not!

Father, how thankful I am for your provisions in building me up in faith so that I might be more like the Lord Jesus Christ. Teach me to do Thy will that I may walk in humbleness of mind with reverence and godly fear.

May you be blessed and encouraged to thank the Lord for His abundant mercies and His lovingkindness to you throughout this past year.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment