Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christ Has Redeemed Us From The Curse... being made a curse for us.

" I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I , but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Have you ever known the love of God? Have you known the forgiveness of sins? Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?

... if yes, then you and I have reason to rejoice today. 

We have hope for the future.... and a reason to praise the God of Heaven for giving us His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

You know, with all the hustle and bustle of the season I was reminded yet again of the importance to have thankful hearts for the Child that was born and Son that was given unto us... for without the Lord Jesus Christ we could never have access to the Father or have eternal life in His Holy presence.

Ought we not to praise Him... and rejoice evermore?

" For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: 
and the government shall be upon His shoulder: 
and His name shall be called 
Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, 
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." 
Isaiah 9:6

And you know, the love of the Father... which was poured forth in His Son... is the same love with which He loved us! 

"...that the world may know 
that thou hast sent me, 
and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." 
John 17:23

Hearing this wonderful hymn on the radio today, I was blessed to thank the Lord for His sacrificial love on my behalf.

What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
To bear the dreadful curse for my soul?

When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
When I was sinking down, sinking down;
When I was sinking down beneath God's righteous frown,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul, for my soul,
Christ laid aside His crown for my soul.
~Anonymous

O Father, How we thank you for giving us reason to rejoice! Thank you for the privilege to come before you in your presence... with praise and honor and glory that is due unto your Holy name.

May you know the love of God that is found only through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment