Wednesday, June 10, 2015

O God, Thou art My God; early will I seek Thee....

" And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out and departed into a solitary place and there prayed. " Mark 1:35

While reading through the first chapter of Mark this morning, I was yet reminded of the Lord's need to rise up early and find a solitary place to pray. How important it was for Him to withdraw from the daily activities and be strengthened in the presence of the Father.

Thinking about the Lord Jesus...

... tired and weary while living on this earth, 
... yet finding solace and strength in rising early and praying.

Once again I found encouragement... through the example of the Lord Jesus.

How I need to follow in His steps.

Over the past few years I have been blessed to write my thoughts here... to pray and thank the Lord for His wonderful reminders He gives me through His Holy Word. And while I don't write daily, I continue to set aside time in the mornings to be in the presence of my Lord.

I continue to pray that He would draw me closer and closer to Him. 
For I long to grow  more and more in the knowledge of Him...

... to know His power.
... to know His strength,
... to see His glory.

The world may bring all sorts of  "weariness"... but I want to be able to lay aside every weight that hinders me from setting aside time to be strengthened in His presence.

Psalm 63 says it so well,

1. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: 
my soul thirsteth for thee, 
my flesh longeth for thee 
in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see thy power and thy glory, 
so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, 
my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: 
I will lift up my hands in thy name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; 
nd my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

6 When I remember thee upon my bed,
 and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast been my help, 
therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

8 My soul followeth hard after thee: 
thy right hand upholdeth me.

In the presence of the King...

... I see His might. 
... I feel His peace. 
....I rest... because He works... to complete that which concerns me.

He alone gives strength to the weary . For when I am weak, He is strong.

" GOD hath spoken once; 
twice have I heard this; 
that power belongeth unto GOD. " 
Psalm 62:11


Oh, the need for each of us to set time aside... and be strengthened in His presence.

May you be drawn to the mercy of the Lord... finding rest and peace in His Holy Word.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment