Friday, January 2, 2015

O Give thanks unto the LORD...

O give thanks unto the LORD; For He is good; 
For His mercy endureth for ever.... 
Who remembered us in our low estate, 
For His mercy endureth for ever." 
Psalm 136: 1,23

***

I Thank Thee Precious Lord

I bring to Thee my grateful prayer
A loving Father, who's been so near. 
Thy constant love so pure and rich, 
Gave life and peace all this past year.
*
No words are e'er enough, 
The love that changed my ways. 
Thy outstretched hand did steady me, 
Sufficient grace supplied my days.
*
The year with testings of all kinds,
Brought trials I ne'er once sought.
But each has built a faith in me,
 In a God that changest not.
*
Thy Word was peace amongst my fears,
Gave strength to trust Thy perfect will.
Content my Father always hears,
My heart was found to praise Thee still.
*
I ask that in the year to come, 
That Thou wouldst hear my prayer.
 Be it in sorrow or in joy, 
I'd fully trust Thy loving care.
Ellie 12/31/2014

May you experience God's blessings, comfort and peace in the new year... 
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment