Tuesday, December 23, 2014

But we see JESUS... crowned with GLORY and HONOR.

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, 
He also Himself likewise took part of the same; 
That through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is the devil." 
Hebrews 2:14

I've been thinking much this past several weeks on the birth of our LORD and SAVIOUR. There's lots of glitter and sparkle that's associated with Christmas. And I thought how often the Lord's birth has become "dull" in the presence of other "things" that can easily cloud our minds.

I thought of my own heart... and how I view the Lord's birth.

We're very accustomed with verses that proclaim Christ's birth... and we're accustomed with hymns that sing of God's Son being born in a manger. We hear the Lord's birth being proclaimed on the radio, we hear it in malls, we hear it on the streets sung by carolers.... 

And then I found myself thinking how easily Christ's precious birth can become a commonplace in my own life.

Do I treasure the gift that God so mercifully poured on me? Or do I just sing it? Do I just associate it with Christmas "activities" ? 

The Lord Jesus Christ. Born for a purpose.

And in my thoughts, the Lord directed me to a set of verses that have  been such a blessing to me... verses I normally don't associate with Christmas.

The verses renewed my adoration for the King of Kings this season... 

 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; 
That He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
*
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same;
That through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
*
 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
*
 Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His brethren, 
That He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, 
To make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 
Hebrews 2: 9, 14, 15,17

Yes, the Lord Jesus partook of flesh and blood... for a reason... that He would taste death for every man! 

Oh, the joy of the Saviour's birth... that we would be delivered from our bondage to sin and death.

Blessed be the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ... that through the lowly birth of His precious Son... made it possible that we might have eternal life. 

He was made poor... so that we might become rich.

May your heart  today be full of adoration for our Savior's birth.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment