Wednesday, February 3, 2016

It is enough for the DISCIPLE that he be as his MASTER...


" But when He saw the multitude, HE was moved with COMPASSION on them, because they fainted and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd." Matthew 9:36

While reading through the book of Matthew, I was especially touched to read again of the Lord's care and compassion on the multitude of people He touched. 

" He was moved with compassion on them..."

But what struck me most, is that while the Lord healed the people, cast out demons, forgave sins and taught and preached the gospel of the kingdom...

... the people sought to have no part of Him... and wanted Him to depart from them. (Matt. 8:34). 
... they accused Him of blasphemy. (Matt. 9:3)
... they laughed Him to scorn. (Matt. 9:24)
... they accused Him of casting out demons through the prince of the devils. (Matt. 9:34)

The God of heaven encountered all of this and more. Yes, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. 

Have you ever felt mistreated? Have you ever felt the need to retaliate? Have you ever felt pain through hurtful words?  Have you ever been cast out?

And yet looking at our Lord... who had the power to retaliate or revile... displayed His love and had compassion on them!

I often look at myself... and find myself lacking to be like my MASTER. 

" It is enough that he be as his MASTER, 
and the servant as his LORD..." 
Matthew 10:25

How often I lack compassion... and rather judge.
How often I lack discernment... and speak foolishly.
How often I show contempt... and am fool of pride.
How often I see no need to go the extra mile... but rather "give up".

Oh, that Christ would fully control my every action and thought! That I would learn of Him. 

" Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 
Who being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 
But made Himself of no reputation,
 and took upon Him the form of a SERVANT..." 
Philippians 2:5,6,7

If we call ourselves disciples of the Lord... 

...then we ought to walk in Him, 
...be rooted and built in Him,
...be established in the faith,
...and abound with thanksgiving. (Col 2:6.7.8)

Yes, through Him we can do all things....for in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. 

Father, How thankful I am for the Lord Jesus Christ, who came to do Thy will and had compassion on us. Thank you for your mercy and grace shown  to us through His life, death and resurrection. How thankful I am for the example we have in the Lord Jesus as our Master. May we follow in His steps and bring glory unto your Holy name.

May you be encouraged and strengthened to have compassion on those around you, that Christ would be magnified in your life today.
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment