Wednesday, November 26, 2014

When I consider THY heavens, the work of THY fingers...

" What is man that THOU art mindful of him?... 
Thou hast crowned him with glory and honor...
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of THY hands; 
THOU hast put ALL things under his feet..." 
Psalm 8: 4,5,6

Lately I've been thinking about my worth in the eyes of God.  Who am I... that God would humble Himself to even look at me? Have you ever realized how much worth we have in God's eyes?

"Who is like unto the LORD or GOD who dwelleth on high, who humbleth Himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! " 
Psalm 113:5,6

I know we tend to think about God's goodness from time to time. How we don't deserve His grace. How merciful He is with us. But you know, seeing God in the light of the Scriptures really makes you appreciate and hold fast to what God has done on our behalf... and to praise Him. 

Maybe "appreciate" and "hold fast" are not the right words. Sometimes I feel there are no words to describe God's goodness to us.

This past week I've been thinking how God, from the beginning, made us to be a people worthy of His blessings towards us. 

And then I thought how sin made us to depart  from God... bringing death... and death brought separation from God.

So I began reading Psalm 113... and was amazed at God's love and mercy shown to us.

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust...
He lifteth the needy out of the dunghill...

WHY? 

"That HE may set him with princes, even with the princes of HIS people." 
Psalm 113:8

Oh, what a merciful and gracious God! He restored us from our fallen state... to one of glory!

How can I ever thank Him... for making me have worth in His eyes...  all because of His precious Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, 
And hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, 
Not imputing their trespasses unto them
And hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation." 
2 Corinthians 5: 18, 19

He took my iniquities away... did not impute my trespasses against me! 

I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart...

May you take time to praise and thank the Lord for all  HIS benefits to you today.

Have a most blessed Thanksgiving!
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment