Monday, September 22, 2014

I will come into THY house in the multitude of THY mercy...

" For Thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; 
with favour wilt THOU compass him as with a shield." 
Psalm 5:12

As I was reading through Psalm 5 a few days ago, I was amazed at God's goodness in revealing an important truth to me... one I often neglect to do.

I  started reading the first couple of verses with familiarity. They were verses I knew quite well. But as I was reading, I stopped a bit to reflect on verse 3:

" ... in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee..."

How often I've taken those words as my own, and yet have not always applied those last 4 words of the verse. 

"... and will look up."

I confess I sometimes finish my prayer and am... still burdened, still faithless, still fearful. I forget to look up and trust my heavenly Father who knows ALL things. Do you ever do that? Do you still latch on to your problems and think God can't possibly resolve the issues of the day? Do you have a slouched posture, and look down because of the burdens you still carry? In reality, that's exactly what we do when we worry.
  
Yet it is in looking up that we can see God's strength and power.... that holds us, that keeps us, that protects us;

" Lift up your eyes on high and behold... He is strong in power."
 Isaiah 40:26 

How comforting it is just to ... "look up". Isn't it wonderful to be able to come before the throne of grace... where we find abundant mercy?

" But as for me, I will come into THY house in the multitude of THY mercy..." 
Psalm 5:7
  
We have reason to rejoice.... to rest in His presence. Indeed the LORD worketh on our behalf....

" Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, 
That the everlasting God, 
The LORD, 
The Creator of the ends of the earth, 
Fainteth not, 
Neither is weary?" 
Isaiah 40:28

And as I read through Psalm 5, I not only came away with the thought that God is merciful... but God is also a HOLY God.

" For Thou art not a GOD that hath pleasure in wickedness; 
Neither shall evil dwell with Thee." 
Psalm 5:4    

He desires that we, too, have NO pleasure in wickedness... He calls us to righteousness! To put away all form of evil.

Lord, lead me in righteousness for your name's sake..  and make my paths straight.

I Shall Look Up

LORD make me to know Thee as Thou art,
Holy and righteous and sufficient for me.
Indeed in wickedness Thou shalt never delight,
Nor will evil dwell ever with Thee!

Into Thy house I come where mercy's abundant and free.
Unto Thee do I look up and ask Thee to stay,
My Master, My God, Deliverer and Friend.
O lead me in righteousness and straighten my way. 

My joy is in Thee and trust Thou shalt work,
A plan that shall glorify Thy power in me. 
For Thou encompass me with protection from on high
And nothing shall I fear when Thy face I can see.
~Ellie 9/16/2014


May you delight in the LORD's mercies and flee from unrighteousness... and He shall lift you up.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment