Wednesday, July 9, 2014

For we are to GOD the fragrance of CHRIST...

" For this cause I bow my knees unto the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST... that HE would grant you according to the riches of HIS GLORY, to be strengthened with might by HIS SPIRIT in the inner man." Ephesians 3: 14, 16.

As I've started memorizing yet another section of God's Word, I've been dwelling much on how we've been immensely blessed through the LORD JESUS CHRIST. 

Sometimes I don't meditate enough on the great and marvelous work of our LORD Jesus Christ.... and what abundant spiritual blessings we have through HIM! 

I realize no access could be gained to the Father in heaven... had it not been for His Son. And that alone requires our love and praise.

Just overwhelmed with God's love. That's where I've been all week... dwelling and thinking about God's love poured forth to me, a sinner. So unworthy of His love, but ever so thankful for His mercy!

The verses I'm memorizing in Ephesians 1 relate extensively the position we have in Christ. We've been redeemed and reconciled to the Father:

"... who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." 
"... predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ."
"... in whom we have redemption through His blood."
"... that He might gather together in one all things in Christ."

Can you imagine that? God blessed us with ALL spiritual blessings. 

But then I thought about how the blessings were even made possible. It had to be through JESUS alone... " no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6.

And in His coming down on earth from glory... the Lord Jesus Christ took upon Himself the form of man. Interestingly, He didn't choose the nature of angels... but of mere man. (Hebrews 2:16)

He chose to be like us. What meekness. What humbleness.

"Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. " 
Hebrews 2:17

"... that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man." Hebrews 2:9  

And then, through His death, we could be redeemed... and given the adoption of sonship.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:26

Redeemed. Children of God. In Christ Jesus. What marvelous grace... unmerited! 

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God." 
1 John 3:1

And so, I thank my Heavenly Father for His love to me... for the access I  have to His throne of mercy offered through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Boldly I approach the heavenly throne to find grace and mercy in time of need. 
  
May you know the love of the Heavenly Father... who hath blessed us with ALL spiritual blessings IN Christ Jesus.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment