Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cause me to hear THY LOVINGKINDNESS in the morning...

" With my soul have I desired THEE in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek THEE early..." Isaiah 26:9

The LORD has been gracious to me over the years. He's always been my strength, my guide, my friend. He continues to be with me through trials, through joys...

How often I have seen HIS lovingkindness poured forth in the early hours when reading HIS word. How often HIS WORD was my comfort. How often HE lifted my spirit and encouraged me through a verse or passage in the Bible.

He is a constant FRIEND that never faileth. He never forsakes. HE never leaves us. HE is faithful.

I've found many a times divinest comfort through the night... by just meditating on HIS promises. And yet, I find myself not praising Him enough.

Do you ever feel the same way and wonder why God has been merciful to you? I know while living on this earth, in this body, we will have tribulations, sufferings, even persecution for His name's sake.

I'm constantly reminded of how some people really suffer. This week especially so. And yet I've also seen how God continues to uplift HIS own... even through suffering.

And so today I was overwhelmed with the LORD's GOODNESS to me... for indeed HE has done wonderful things in my life.

My desire is to come to a point where I give Him thanks and praise for... and in ALL things.

Now, giving thanks in ALL things is hard for me. But I know that is what my LORD desires.

" In everything give thanks: for this is the will of GOD in Christ Jesus concerning you." 
1 Thessalonians 5:18 

I'm encouraged to trust HIM, because HE has NEVER failed me. No never.

LORD, help me not to take your blessings for granted.

" For THOU hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat..." 
Isaiah 25:4

It is good to remember God's goodness to us.... for one day we will be able to say:

" ... This is the LORD, we have waited for HIM, we will be glad and rejoice in HIS salvation" Isaiah 25:9

May you be encouraged today to give HIM thanks for HIS goodness to you. HE merits our praise.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment