Thursday, June 5, 2014

For the LORD giveth WISDOM...

photo 4 (1)

"  When WISDOM entereth into thine heart, and KNOWLEDGE is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, UNDERSTANDING shall keep thee." Proverbs 2: 10,11

Sometimes I'm void of understanding. I lack knowledge... and wisdom. There are moments when wisdom is needed in my life. Much widsom.

How do I  answer someone who is in need. How do I react when criticism comes my way. When should I be silent. When should I speak up.

Reading through the Proverbs, one can easily find plenty of wisdom. God's WORD is never void of knowledge. But I stopped abruptly when I recently read verses 10 and 11 of the second chapter of Proverbs. It suddenly hit me. " When wisdom entereth into thine heart..." 

 Much of our lack of wisdom may spurn from lack of knowing GOD. Knowing HIS WORD.
" A wise man will hear, and will increase learning..."

Proverbs 1:5

Oh, to delight in HIS WORD! Can I truly say that the WORD of GOD is pleasant unto my soul? Do I seek being in HIS WORD more so than seeking earthly treasures? Where can I find wisdom... but in GOD alone.
" For the LORD giveth wisdom: Out of HIS mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. "

Proverbs 2:6

Today I am overwhelmed with GOD'S GOODNESS. He alone does the work in us... so that WISDOM can enter our stony heart.
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Ezekiel 36:26

"For God giveth to a man that is good in His sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy..."

Ecclesiates 2:26

 There's so much sound wisdom in God's WORD. We have the answers to ALL our problems.... if we seek Him we shall find Him.
" If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

James 1:5

What a gracious and loving Father we have... who loads us with the benefits of HIS wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Oh, that I might be diligent to grow in WISDOM. To keep my heart filled with HIS WORD.... for it shall keep me, preserve me, and give me life.  LORD, help me to lean not on my own understanding, but in all my ways acknowledge you...
 "Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established."

Proverbs 24:3

May you seek WISDOM and delight  in HIS WORD today.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment