Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fear not, be still before the LORD...

IMG_1934

"Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will show you today..." Exodus 14:13

This past week I've been trying to learn the meaning of being still before the LORD. I admit I often let my thoughts wander. I fret, I get anxious, I may even lose hope for a moment. There are trials that come our way... like news of a loved one being sick, or a friend struggling to get better from a surgery. Trials that test our faith.

Where do we we run for help in times of distress? Do we run to and fro trying to "fix" things in our own strength? I find myself often running to and fro... I let my thoughts run wild thinking of the future days that may seem bleak to me. Will I lose my loved one, will I lose my friend?

Why do I fret so? Why is my faith lacking? Do I not trust my heavenly Father to work His perfect will? Do I not trust His loving arms, that are never to too short to save? Do I fail to be still before Him?

Lord, help me to accept your perfect will. Whatever the outcome, I can trust that it is for your good pleasure! Thank you for fighting for us... help us to hold our peace. (Exodus 14:14)

Are you facing a difficult day? Look above and ask the heavenly Father to see you through. Let Him be your guide. " I will cry unto GOD most high; unto GOD that performeth all things for me." Psalm 57:2

What a beautiful and wonderful thing it is... to be still before Him even in our trials... for He giveth more grace when our burdens grow greater.
He Giveth More Grace

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

 Annie J. Flint

May you be still before a Heavenly Father that works on your behalf.

~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment