Monday, November 14, 2016

Blessed be GOD... who comforteth us in all our tribulation.

" I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD..." Psalm 71:16

This morning I was so encouraged and thanked the Lord for His presence in my life. What a wonderful thought and comfort it is to have a Friend in the Lord Jesus... a Friend  like no other.

Do you find yourself bearing the load of your burden alone... and forgetting that Christ is our only comfort?

As we all face the trials and temptations of this world, I thought of the comfort found in the Lord Jesus and the peace He gives.  

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: 
not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27

Sometimes we may find a quick "fix"  and our problems bandaged for the time being through various means... and it can be a simple pouring of our hearts to someone other than the Lord Jesus.  But I find myself  never in complete rest or peace until I bring my burdens and cares to the Lord. He alone gives me the "peace that passeth all understanding" ... and what my heart needs. 

Unlike earthly friends, the Lord Jesus

... never disappoints, 
....never judges,
... never looks down upon me.

He understands, He cares, He comforts and covers me with His protective arms. He helps me up when I fall. He is ever present with me... 

"The LORD upholdeth all that fall, 
and raiseth up all those that be bowed down." 
Psalm 145:14

Indeed, there is no other Friend like the LORD JESUS. 

I heard the following Hymn not too long ago and found it a wonderful reminder and encouragement for the burdened soul. May it uplift you as it did me...

ALL YOUR ANXIETY ALL YOUR CARE
Edward H. Joy, 1920

Is there a heart o’erbound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the cross, each burden bearing;
All your anxiety leave it there.

Refrain:
All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there,
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus!

No other friend so swift to help you,
No other friend so quick to hear,
No other place to leave your burden,
No other one to hear your prayer.

Come then at once; delay no longer!
Heed His entreaty kind and sweet,
You need not fear a disappointment;
You shall find peace at the mercy seat.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for being the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our tribulation. Thank you for giving us a Friend in the Lord Jesus Christ who understands all our cares and infirmities and is a faithful and merciful High priest. We thank you that we can find complete rest and peace in your presence.

May you find rest and peace in the faithfulness of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment