Monday, September 12, 2016

But THOU remainest... THOU art the same.

" The ETERNAL God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." Deuteronomy. 33:27

This past week I was thinking of the Lord... and was so very comforted in knowing that He never changes. When things around us may crumble, how comforting it is to know that our God remains the same!

We can experience the loss of a friend, the loss of earthly possessions, but oh, the wonderful comfort that our God remains the same! He never changes, He is always the same!

The character of God... ever faithful, ever true. From eternity to eternity He is God.

Do you ever find yourself simply lifted up or encouraged by just one small phrase found in the WORD of GOD? 

Such was the case when I read the verse in Hebrews 1:11

"They shall perish; but Thou remainest..." 

Such comfort and peace the simple phrase, Thou remainest, brought to me... 

Who can offer such hope, such peace, such comfort in a world that is full of turmoil and unrest?

What hope and assurance is there.... in the things that perish? 

Our hope is in the One that remains...the ETERNAL God,  the One who is our refuge, the One whose everlasting arms sustain us.

" Be Thou my strong habitation, 
whereunto I may continually resort: 
Thou hast given commandment to save me; 
for Thou art my rock and my fortress." 
Psalm 71:3

As I read more and more of God's Word, I find myself in awe with the treasure so marvelously laid out for us.  

And while we may go through life's trials and find ourselves in moments of discouragements, we've been given the WORD... which brings LIFE...  as well as HEALING to our bodies. 

Oh, if we would only be ever mindful of God's Holy Word and cherish it in our hearts...

" My son, attend to my words; 
incline thine ear unto my sayings.

Let them not depart from thine eyes;
 keep them in the midst of thine heart. 

 For they are life unto those that find them, 
and health to all their flesh." 
Proverbs 4:21,22

Father, thank you for being our eternal God and dwelling place from generation to generation. Our hearts rejoice, for in you we are secure. How thankful we are for the refuge found underneath your everlasting arms. Help us to praise you and trust your unfailing love for us in regards to the trials we may face today.

May you find comfort in God's Holy Word today.
~Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment