Wednesday, October 14, 2015

But thanks be unto GOD, which gives us the victory...

" Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye STEADFAST, UNMOVEABLE, always ABOUNDING in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as you know that your labour is NOT IN VAIN in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Some months ago I read a verse that has stayed with me for a great while. And this morning I was thinking about it... and thought how needful it is for us, that we be not weary in well doing. 

I thought about the military men and women, the firefighters, the policemen and all those who have given their lives for us,... so  that we might have freedom here on earth. Those that have put their lives in harm's way. Yes, we should be most thankful for the people that gave their lives for us...  

And yet, I thought of the verse that spoke to me months ago:

" Men that have hazarded their lives 
for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
 Acts 15:26

Yes, to risk our lives,

... for the furtherance of the gospel, 
... for the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,
... that others might have eternal freedom.

How important it is that we would be devoted to serving our LORD GOD... in good times and in bad... for HE has indeed given us reason to rejoice. The LORD JESUS CHRIST, the ONE who offered/gave His life willingly for us... that we might know the only TRUE GOD and have eternal life. 

Oh, that our desire would be for those around us to know the LORD JESUS CHRIST.... that we would be steadfast, unmoveable... always abounding in the work of the Lord.

For indeed He gives us the victory to overcome whatever comes our way, so that His glory might be seen in us and through us.

And so this morning I was encouraged to sing a hymn as a reminder to serve Him in all I do or say.

May The Mind Of Christ My Savior Live In Me From Day To Day

1
May the mind of Christ my Savior
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and pow’r controlling
  All I do and say.
2
May the Word of Christ dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
  Only through His pow’r.
3
May the peace of Christ my Savior
Rule my life in every thing,
That I may be calm to comfort
  Sick and sorrowing.
4
May the love of Jesus fill me,
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
  This is victory.
5
May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
  As I onward go.
6
May His beauty rest upon me
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
  Seeing only Him.

Lord, help us to be devoted to you... that the gospel may not be maligned, but rather be seen in us.

May you be encouraged to stand strong amidst the trials... knowing victory is in the Lord's hands.
~Ellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment