Monday, February 9, 2015

My strength is made perfect in weakness...

" But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. " Ephesians 4:7

Do you ever marvel at God's perfect ways... to encourage us in our daily walk? How the LORD so graciously provides for our spiritual needs?

As I was preparing breakfast, the radio played softly... hymns being sung, scripture being read. 

I cherish these moments where I can go about my daily activities and be blessed in the hearing of God's word.... and be encouraged to lift my thoughts on the things above.

You know, God's beautiful reminders are given to strengthen us... through song, through His word... reminding us that we are not alone.

"... If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, 
let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; ... 
and pardon our iniquity and our sin, 
and take us for thine inheritance."
Exodus 34:9

God's grace sufficient for my days...

I stopped a bit from preparing breakfast and was uplifted through the song playing... decided to post it in the hopes that it encourages you as well.

GIVE ME GRACE FOR THE LIVING OF THESE DAYS

Lord, when I face the far horizon, and I see just how far I’ve still to go
Lord, when I’m weary with the journey, give me grace for the living of these days.
Lord, when the plains are green before me and I’m lost in the wonder of the view,
Lord, keep me moving ever onward, give me grace for the living of these days.

Lord, when the mountain that I’m climbing seems too high and I cannot reach the crest,
Lord, when my spirits are declining, give me then your inner rest.
Lord, when the sunshine beams upon me in a time that is peaceful, serene,
Lord, when I think I do not need you prompt my spirit from within.

Lord, when I carry heavy burdens and concern for my brother weighs me down,
Lord, when my prayers are not yet answered, give me grace for the living of these days.
Lord, if the time should be disjointed and I’m tempted by fear and dismay,
Lord, when my dreams are disappointed, give me grace for the living of these days.

Lord, when the battle rages ’round me and I know I must stand there on my own,
Lord, may your inner strength remind me I must strive – but not alone.
Lord, when the suddenness of sorrow leaves me faint with despair and with grief,
Lord, may your mighty love console me, give me grace, my God, and your peace.
Bryan Jeffrey Leach


We are not alone...

May God's grace be upon you as you serve Him today...
~Ellie

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 Corinthians 12:9 on my fridge, it's been a wonderful reminder to me, when I don't feel like I'm enough....for my kids, for my husband, or my friends or just in general....that JESUS is enough and that when I'm weak, HE is strong, and if my weakness shows His strength, then mission accomplished! :-) Jesus, help me to trade my fears for faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, Isn't it beautiful to trust in Him... to know that He works to mold us and perfect that which concerns us. He is author and finisher of our FAITH! I love that... the finisher of our faith:).

    "It is finished..."

    "He paid it all... all to Him I owe."

    His grace is sufficient. May the Lord encourage you (and me) to put on the whole armour of God... including the shield of faith.

    With God all things are possible, blessed be His Holy name!

    ReplyDelete