Friday, August 8, 2014

O, LORD... Thou hast redeemed my life.

" And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion,
THOU ART MY PEOPLE."
 Isaiah 51:16

Looking to start memorizing another set of verses, I was drawn to a few verses in Lamentations that are very familiar to many of us...  verses that speak of God's faithfulness and mercies towards us His people.

I need to be reminded that God's mercies are new to me ... EVERY morning. It becomes so easy for me to dwell on the past... or the future... and look with fear, disappointment, discontentment and even unthankfulness... and forget His faithfulness. 

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He never changes!

His mercies are new every single morning... and that's enough to give us hope in our Creator who knows what we need for the day. No need to look back at  the past or fear the future. God's compassion never fails. It sustains us for the moment. And His mercies are renewed every day. What hope! 

So I felt it necessary to re-learn verses that have been of great comfort to me in the past... but somehow been "forgotten". 

I think it's of utmost importance to recall to mind my Lord's faithfulness to me... and my need to place all hope in HIM who is merciful... each and every morning.

I need to start EVERY day right... in thankfulness;

... to the ONE who is always faithful. 
... to the ONE who has redeemed my life. 
... to the ONE who draws near to me when I call out to Him.

" This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope. 
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: 
Great is Thy faithfulness. 
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him. 
The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. 
It is good that a man should both hope and wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon Thee, 
Thou saidst, Fear not. 
O Lord, Thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul;
Thou hast redeemed my life."
Lamentations 3:21-26; 57,58     

May you be reminded today of God's faithfulness to you ... and that His compassions are new EVERY morning.

~Ellie

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ellie, I typed into Google " english recipe for cozonac" so I was looking for cake ! I followed your link to your Blog and found the" Bread of life" Nice discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, Thank you for stopping by... I am grateful to The Lord for sending you this way. You've encouraged me and I pray you've been encouraged as well. So thank you for taking the time to write. May The Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete